Orange scented Butter Cookies, sandwiched with Orange Icing! These cookies turned out really good, loved the melt in the mouth texture of the cookies and the lovely orange filling ... These yummy cookies won't last long :)
I halved the recipe and was able to get 18 single cookies of different sizes. The only change I made, was to color half of the cookie mixture to orange which give the cookies a really nice color.
Viennese Orange Kisses
Recipe by Cooking Expert Shireen Anwar in Masala Mornings on Masala TV
* Prep. Time : 15 minutes
* Cook Time : 12 - 14 minutes
* Makes : 12 sandwiches
- 175 gm. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp. grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp. cornflour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Few drops orange food color, optional
- 2 oz. butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- Few drops orange food color
- Preheat oven to 350F, 180C/ Gas 4. Line the baking sheet.
- Cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the grated orange rind and beat for few more seconds.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and corn flour together over the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal parts and beat food color into half of it.
- Spoon the plain mixture down one side of a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and then spoon the colored mixture down the other side.
- Pipe the mixture onto the prepared baking tray to make striped swirls.
- Bake at 180°C for about 12 - 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Leave for a few minutes on the baking sheets to firm up slightly before transferring on a wire rack.
- Sandwich kisses with orange icing.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired.
Orange Icing :
- Beat butter and sifted sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until smooth; beat in juice until spreadable.
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!