Carrots and coconut makes a great combination. Never used them together before but when I saw this recipe , I was eager to give it a try. I used muffin pan & small cake pans as she mentioned in the recipe. A beautiful aroma filled my kitchen, while they were in the oven. They are good plain, but even better with the chocolate. If you are a coconut lover, like me, you'll love these :)
Mini Carrot Coconut Cakes
Recipe from Taste of pearl city
Makes : 6 medium / 8 small cakes
- 50 gm. brown sugar
- 50 ml. olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 60 gm. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 40 gm. dessicated coconut
- 1 medium sized carrot (coarsely grated, about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. green cardamom seeds powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Beat the sugar and oil in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and beat again until it looks fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to the egg mixture, add the dessicated coconut.
- Stir well to combine without any lumps.
- Finally add the carrot and cardamom powder. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture in greased muffin / small cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Decorate with melted chocolate and dessicated coconut.
Also sending this to Any One Can Cook - Series 12
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!