A delicious rice dish ... A mix of green vegetables and boiled rice, stir- fried & flavored with sauces and garnished with omelet strips.
Green Vegetables Rice
* Prep. Time : 15 minutes
* Cook Time : 25 - 30 minutes
* Serves : 2
- 125 gm. uncooked rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 - 4 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup spring onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cabbage, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup capsicum / green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green peas, boiled
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. chilli sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Boil rice with salt in boiling water until the rice is tender.
- Drain water and keep aside.
- Beat egg with salt n pepper; add spring onions just to add color.
- Heat ( 1 tbsp. ) oil in a frying pan.
- Pour in egg mixture and swirl pan to make a thin omelet. Cook until egg is just set.
- Remove and cut into thin strips. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in saucepan. Add white part of the spring onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cumin seeds and green chillies; stir-fry them for about 1 minute.
- Add capsicum, green peas, cabbage, mint.
- Add salt, black pepper, vinegar, soy sauce, chilli sauce; stir well.
- Let them cook for ( 3 - 4 minutes ) till the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Finally add boiled rice to it and gently fold in the vegetables to mix well.
- Adjust the seasonings according to your flavor and preference.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fried egg strips.
This goes to the event Food Palette - Green , an event by Torview