Sliced potatoes cooked in a simple onion & tomato gravy with spices.
Sliced Potatoes in thin Gravy ... Aloo ki Qatlian shorbay wali
* Prep. Time : 10 minutes
* Cook. Time : 35 - 40 minutes
* Serves : 2 - 3
- 125 gm. potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced ( not too thin or too thick, keep in water )
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds ( methi dana )
- 1/8 tsp. nigella seeds ( kalonji )
- 1 tsp. ginger & garlic paste
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. red chillies powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. salt ( or to taste )
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garam masala powder
- 2 green chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and fry on medium heat until it turns golden.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds & nigella seeds; fry for few seconds.
- Add ginger garlic paste, red chillies powder, turmeric powder; fry for few seconds ( take care not to burn it ).
- Add tomato, salt and ( 1/2 cup ) water.
- Cover & cook on medium heat for 15 minutes until the tomatoes are softened & the water dries out.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture leaves oil.
- Add potatoes & (1 cup ) water; stir well.
- Cover & cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle garam masala, green chillies & chopped coriander.
- Serve with Chapati.
Sending this to the event Veggie/Fruit A Month - Potato hosted by Divya and started by Priya
Any One Can Cook - Series 13 by Umm Mymoonah
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!