Egg & Gram-flour Halwa ... A sweet dish made of eggs, gram-flour, sugar & ghee. It only takes 15 minutes to prepare this delicious dessert. A great treat in the cold winter months!
Egg & Gram-flour Halwa
Serves : 4 - 6
- 3/4 cup ghee / oil
- 3/4 cup gram flour ( besan )
- 2 green cardamoms ( seeds only ), crushed
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Yellow food color, optional
- Sliced / chopped almonds or pistachios, as required
- Melt ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add crushed cardamom seeds; fry for few seconds.
- Add gram flour and cook on low heat, stirring until it turns light golden & releases a nice aroma.
- Remove pan from heat, let it cool down for few minutes.
- Combine eggs, sugar and food color in a bowl; whisk well.
- Now gradually add egg mixture into the gram flour in the pan, stirring constantly until well combined (stir well to make sure that there are no lumps formed ).
- Now cook on low heat, stirring constantly until it starts to thicken.
- Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add almonds, mix well.
- Transfer to serving dish, garnish with sliced almonds or pistachios.
This goes to the Event My Legume Love Affair # 31, created by Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook and hosted this month by Simona of Briciole
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!