Pineapple Cream Cake ... Three layers of fat less vanilla sponge, filled with freshly whipped cream & pineapple bits, decorated with whipped cream piping & pineapple and cherries on top & around the sides. Soft, moist & spongy!!!
I have made this cake several times since I came across this recipe. Every time it turned out great in taste, the only problem is my poor cake-decorating skills :)
These are the pictures of my last birthday cake, no cake this year :( Anyhow, a very
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!
Pineapple Cream Cake
*************************Recipe from Passionate About Baking
* Prep. Time : 50 minutes
* Cook Time : 30 - 35 minutes
* Serves : 12
- 5 ( 250 gm. ) eggs
- 125 gm. powdered Sugar 125 gm. plain flour ( flour = half the weight of the eggs i.e. 125gm. )
- 2 tbsp. cornflour ( makes the cake texture lighter )
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 tsp. pineapple essence
- 1/2 cup pineapple syrup ( from pineapple tin )
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar, optional
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 4 to 5 tbsp. Icing Sugar ( We like it sweeter, so I use 8 - 10 tbsp. )
- 1 tsp. pineapple essence
- 1 tin ( approx. 1 cup ) pineapple bits ( I used pineapple slices, chop 8 rings into small squares while cutting 3 - 4 rings into quarters for top )
- 10 - 12 cherries
- Preheat oven to 190 C, reduce to 180 C after 10 minutes of putting the cake in.
- Grease and line a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt & cornflour 3 times.
- Beat the eggs and sugar well with beater till very thick ribbon falls and holds in place for at least 5 seconds ( beat for approx.10 minutes ).
- Add vanilla & pineapple essence and beat for 1 min.
- Gently fold in the sifted flour; mix lightly so that air doesn't escape.
- Turn gently into tin and bake for 30-35 minutes till done ( Remember to reduce heat to 180 C after 10 minutes of baking ).
- Once done, remove from tin after 5 minutes and leave on rack to cool completely.
- Cut horizontally into 3 slices / layers.
- Whip whipping cream with powdered sugar & pineapple essence until thick and holds peaks.
- Place the bottom most layer of the sponge on your serving platter, sprinkle with 1/3 of the syrup.
- Put on a dollop of cream, spread it till the edges.
- Sprinkle with chopped pineapple & level out.
- Repeat for the second layer. Over the third layer, add syrup, and cream.
- Cover the top and the sides of the cake with cream using a spatula.
- Place remaining cream in a piping bag. Pipe rosettes or swirls of cream around the edges.
- Decorate with pineapple quarters and cherries.
- Chill well before serving.
Linking this with " Tried and Tested - Passionate about Baking " event, an event started by Zlamushka's Spicy Kitchen, now taken care of by Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles & this month hosted by Jayasri of Samayal Arai
Sending this to the event Celebrate Sweets – Cakes hosted this month by Sonia at Dinner Recipes from Sonia's Kitchen , started by Nivedita
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!