Quick, easy and so delicious!!! Thanks to BBC Good Food for this lovely recipe. I loved the chocolate chips and raisin version more than the plain one. I think that this would have been better with a sauce though.
Microwave Banana Pudding ... 3 Variations
Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food
* Prep. Time : 10 minutes
* Cook Time : 3 1/2 minutes
* Serves : 3
- 50 gm. butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 1 ripe banana (Use over-ripe bananas for this recipe ... the browner and softer the bananas, the stronger the flavor when baked )
- 50 gm. light brown sugar
- 50 gm. plain flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. milk
- Icing sugar, toffee sauce and ice cream, to serve, if you like
- Lightly butter 3 non-metallic pudding moulds / individual glass bowls.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl on High for ( 30 sec. - 1 min.) until melted.
- Add 3/4 banana, mash into the melted butter.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, egg and milk. Mix together well.
- Mix in flour and baking powder until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into prepared bowls, taking care not to fill them more than half full or they will spill over when cooked.
- Slice the remaining banana over the top, then return to the microwave and cook on High for 2 1/2 minutes until cooked through and risen.
- Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar, if you like, with a drizzle of toffee sauce and a scoop of ice cream.
- Divide the mixture in 3 equal parts.
- Spoon one part in the mould / bowl, place banana slice on top and microwave as above.
- Add (1 tsp.) chocolate chips in one part, spoon in the mould / bowl, place banana slice on top and microwave as above.
- Add (1 tsp.) raisins in the other part, spoon in the mould / bowl, place banana slice on top, sprinkle (1 tsp.) brown sugar and microwave as above.
Also sending this to Any One Cook : Series 9
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!