Vanilla Custard Cake ... Simple, moist, soft, buttery, custard flavored cake. Beautiful yellow color cake and spongy & moist texture.The recipe was very simple ( one bowl mix ) but I did the regular method of creaming the butter, sugar and eggs before mixing in the other ingredients.
Vanilla Flavored Custard Cake
Recipe posted by An Open Book, adapted from Best Recipes
* Prep. Time : 15 minutes
* Cook Time : 45 -55 minutes
* Serves : 10
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 43 gm. Vanilla flavored custard powder
- 125 gm. butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Greased & line 9 inch round cake tin.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, custard powder; keep aside.
- Put butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after every addition.
- Add vanilla and milk; mix well.
- Mix in the flour mixture just until no more flour visible.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it with a spoon.
- Bake for about 45 - 55 minutes or till golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before turning it out of the pan.
- Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
I baked it at 180 C for about 45 minutes.I had to cover it with aluminum foil after 30 minutes as the top was turning brown while the inside of the cake was still moist.
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!