Basic Sugar Cookies ... a great recipe for holiday gift giving!!!They turned out really well. Make sure to keep the dough really cold and well floured.
Sparkling Sugar Cutout Cookies
Recipe from Real Simple
* Prep. Time : 20 minutes
* Cook Time : 10 - 12 minutes
* Makes : 40 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for shaping the cookies
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Decorating sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Shape into a disk and refrigerate, wrapped, for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350° F.Divide the dough in half.
- On a floured surface, roll each piece out 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters.Refrigerate on lined baking sheets until firm.
- Sprinkle with decorating sugar and bake at 350° F until just beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!