This cake is rich and tasty,but not very sweet.So frost the cake or simply dust with Icing sugar.Very colorful!Just follow the recipe and use whatever color you like.
* Prep. Time : 20 minutes
* Cook Time : 45 minutes
* Serves : 10 - 12
- 170 gm plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 170 gm butter,softened
- 170 gm caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp milk
- Food colors(Pink,Yellow,Green or whatever you like)
- Preheat oven at 180 C.Grease a 9" inch round cake tin,line base with greaseproof paper.Grease paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue beating until thick and creamy.
- Add vanilla and beat again to mix.
- Gradually add flour to the butter mixture.
- Add milk and beat until smooth.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions and color three portions with the food colors.
- Spoon a tablespoon of plain mixture into the center of the cake tin.Then spoon a tablespoon of pink mixture on it,then yellow,then green.
- Repeat until you are done with batter(The last layer should be plain).Try to be consistent with every color.
- Bake on 180 C for 45-50 minutes or till cake is done when tested with a skewer.
- Turn cake on wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Spread your favorite frosting over cake.
- Sprinkle colored sugars on top to make rainbow design.
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!