Danish Cookies ... Vanilla flavored cookie dough, extruded nicely with cookies press / piping bag and chocolate chip on the top as 'the crown'. Perfect for teatime ! The recipe was quite simple, here I just added some special touch to these :)
Recipe adapted from Masala Mornings by Shireen Anwer on Masala TV.
* Prep. Time : 20 minutes
* Cook Time : 10 - 12 minutes
* Makes : 30 - 36 cookies ( depending on the size )
- 100 gm. Ghee / Butter
- 75 gm. Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Egg
- 150 gm. Plain Flour
- Melt ghee in a small pan (or Microwave 2 - 3 min ), transfer in a bowl and freeze until it starts to become solid.
- Now remove from freezer and bring to room temperature until soft.
- Preheat oven at 180 C.
- Beat ghee and sugar till creamy.
- Add vanilla essence and beaten egg; beat for 2 minutes.
- Now fold in the flour and mix gently to a soft & smooth dough ( If dough is too soft, add extra flour ).
- Fill cookie press / piping bag with the dough, form desired shapes on ungreased baking tray about 1" apart.
- Bake at 180 C for about ( 10-12 minutes ) until edges are golden .
- Cool slightly on tray,then transfer to a wire-rack to cool completely.
Making Crown Cookies:
- Fill piping bag with cookie dough, force the dough through the piping bag onto baking tray / cookie sheet.
- Decorate the points with mini chocolate chips as 'the crown' or make faces.
- Bake as directed above.
Sending this to Dish name starts with D - event hosted by Akila
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!