This is a basic sugar cookie dough recipe which I found at Real Simple.There are dried cherries, instead of chocolate chips, in the original recipe.I've also made these with raisins.
Almond & Chocolate Chips Jumbles
Recipe adopted from Real Simple
* Prep. Time : 20 minutes
* Cook Time : 16 - 20 minutes
* Makes : 40 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped almonds.
- Drop tablespoon-size mounds of dough onto lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° F until just beginning to brown, 16 to 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!