Rainbow Cake with Pink Butter-cream Frosting
* Prep. Time : 40 minutes
* Cook Time : 35 - 40 minutes
* Serves : 6 - 8
- 120 gm plain flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, yolks & whites separated
- 120 gm butter, soft
- 120 gm castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Food colors ... Pink,Yellow, Green,etc.
- 100g butter,softened
- 140g icing sugar,sifted
- Few drops of vanilla/strawberry extract (optional)
- Pink food color
- White chocolate chips,as required
- Color sprinkles,as required
- Preheat oven at 180 C.
- Grease an 8" inch round cake tin,line base with greaseproof paper.
- Sift plain flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Whip egg whites in a dry & clean bowl till soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks.Fold in egg whites in butter mixture.
- Now gradually fold in the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl,combine cocoa powder, icing sugar and milk; mix until smooth.
- Divide the cake batter into 5 portions.
- Mix in the colourings to the 3 portions, mix cocoa mixture in one portion while keeping one plain.
- Pour the batter into the centre of your greased cake tin one color at a time.
- Repeat until you are done with all the batter.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or till cake is done.
- Turn cake on wire rack and leave to cool.
- Beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar.
- Beat in vanilla/strawberry extract and food color.
- Spread the butter cream over the top & sides of the cooled cake.
- Spoon remaining icing into a pastry bag fitted with desired decorating tip; pipe icing decorations onto cake as desired.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips & color sprinkles on top.Press white chocolate chips on the sides of the cake.
Sending this to the event Celebrate Sweets – Cakes hosted this month by Sonia at Dinner Recipes from Sonia's Kitchen , started by Nivedita
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!