Almond cake ... Light, moist and delicious. Very easy to make, one of our favorite cake. This is my 75th post, slowly moving towards the 100 post mark. Just noticed that I have finally reached 100 followers today, so glad to see that. You're all precious to me. Thank you so much for your support.
Serves : 6
- 1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. almond essence
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup ground almonds ( I used whole almonds with skin )
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. ( sliced / flaked / chopped ) almonds
- Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grease and line an 8 inch round cake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add the almond extract and beat again.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder.
- Add ground almonds & beat on low speed until just combined.
- Add milk, if the mixture is thick & mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Scatter the ( sliced / flaked / chopped ) almonds over the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven, leave for 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire-rack to cool.
Also sending this Almond Cake to "Only - Baked" ~ Event hosted this month by Harini at Tamalapaku , started by Pari at Foodelicious
Linking this to Any One Can Cook : Series 23 Sweets for a Saturday #24 , Savory Sunday , These Chicks Cooked Link Party #6 , Bake With Bizzy 7
Also sending this post along with following recipes to the event Celebrate Sweets – Cakes hosted this month by Sonia at Dinner Recipes from Sonia's Kitchen , started by Nivedita
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!