Mixed Vegetables Curry ... Vegetables cooked in a tomato based curry. You can use any vegetables of your choice.
Mixed Vegetables Curry
* Prep. Time : 10 minutes
* Cook Time : 35 - 40 minutes
* Serves : 3 - 4
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp. nigella seeds
- 1 tsp. fenugreek seeds ( methi dana )
- 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. salt ( or to taste )
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 250 gm. carrots, peeled & cut in round slices
- 125 gm. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 125 gm. ( 1 cup ) green peas
- 2 tbsp. dry fenugreek leaves ( kasuri methi )
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1 lemon, optional
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onions and fry until onions are golden.
- Add cumin seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds & ginger garlic paste, fry for few more seconds.
- Add tomatoes, salt, turmeric, red chillies; mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook , covered, for 10 minutes until tomatoes are soft & the water is almost dry.
- Add carrots, potatoes & green peas; mix well.
- Add little water, if required and cook on medium heat until vegetables are tender but retain their shape ( about 20 minutes ).
- Add dry fenugreek leaves, green chilli & garam masala powder; mix well.
- Cook on very low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice or serve with lemon wedges.
Sending this to Veggie/Fruit of the Month : Carrots , an event started by Priya & guest hosted this month by Reva
Also linking this to Any One Can Cook : Series 25 , IFTAR NIGHTS , Dish Name Starts with M
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!