* Prep. Time : 20 minutes
* Cook Time : 30 - 40 minutes
* Serves : 6 - 8
- 125 gm. butter, softened
- 125 gm. caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 112.5 gm. plain flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk, as required
- 12.5 gm. ( 2 tbsp. ) cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease & line a 7" to 8" round tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until smooth ( for 2 - 3 min.)
- Add the sugar and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Now fold the flour mixture in the butter mixture.
- Add ( 2 tbsp. ) milk and mix until well combined.
- Combine cocoa powder with remaining milk in a small bowl.
- Divide cake mixture in half and stir cocoa mixture into one half, keeping other half plain.
- Spoon mixture alternately into prepared tin. Swirl the batter with a knife or wooden skewer and make zigzag patterns ( OR ) Use the simple method by spreading plain batter at bottom & top, dark in between, and then make zigzags.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the tin and allow to cool before cutting into slices to serve.
Now coming to awards, Shobha of Food Mazaa has shared these lovely awards with me. You can check her blog for delicious recipes and ideas. Thank you Shobha ... I'm really grateful to you!
I am sharing this award with all of you for stopping by here, for reading my posts. I would like to thank you all for your support & encouragement. You are all so kind!
Sending this to the event Celebrate Sweets – Cakes hosted this month by Sonia at Dinner Recipes from Sonia's Kitchen , started by Nivedita
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe !!!