Condensed Milk Cookies ... Another easy and quick to make recipe. This is an egg-less recipe, here condensed milk acts as the binding agent. This gives them a wonderful texture & an amazingly delicious taste. Perfect cookies for your teatime! This recipe was shared by a cooking friend Liezel. The original recipe calls for cookie press, but I used the cut-out method. They were slightly sweet ... but absolutely delicious!
Condensed Milk Cookies
- 250 gm. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 tin of 397 gm. condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Beat butter & sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Beat in the condensed milk & vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Mix flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Mix gently until a soft dough forms. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface about 1/8 inch thick. Cut out cookies with cookies cutter.
- Decorate nuts / sprinkles on top and lightly press.
- Place on a paper lined baking tray.
- Bake at 170 C for 8 - 10 minutes or when it starts to tun golden.
- Leave them to cool on a wire rack. Store in a cookie jar.
- If the mixture looks sticky, add some flour to the dough until smooth and easy to roll.
Linking this to Any One Can Cook : Series 24 , Bake With Bizzy #8 , Savory Sunday , These Chicks Cooked #7