Khubani ki Chutney ( Apricot Dipping Sauce ) ... A sweet and sour chutney or dipping sauce made of dried apricots, sugar and seasonings. Serve as a dip with Rolls, Samosas, Sandwiches, Fritters or as a dressing over fruit salad.
Khubani ki Chutney ( Apricot Dipping Sauce )
- 2 cup seedless dried apricots
- 2 cup water
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. nigella seeds ( kalonji ), optional
- 1/4 tsp. carom seeds ( ajwaiin )
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds ( safaid zeera )
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- Wash the apricots and soak in a saucepan with water for 15 - 30 minutes ( depending on how dried your apricots are ).
- Place the pan on the stove top, add sugar and bring the water to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 - 15 minutes until the apricots are soft.
- Remove from heat, let it cool down before blending to a puree.
- Transfer the puree back to the pan, add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously until thickened ( about 5 minutes ).
- Transfer to a clean airtight jar or container. Let cool completely and store in refrigerator.
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Sundae Scoop , Think Pink Sundays , Sugar & Slice Sunday , Martha Mondays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , What’d You Do This Weekend? , Time to Sparkle , Tasty Tuesdays , Tasteful Tuesdays , Tuesday Talent Show , Wednesday Adorned from Above , Whatcha' Whipped Up , Hookin Up with HoH , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Two Girls and a Party ( Parrish & Dana ) , Full Plate Thursday , SYS Blog Link Party , The Weekly Creative , Blog Stalking Thursday , Thursday's treasures ( Christie, Debi & Joan ) , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Simply Create Link Party ( Ashley & Melissa ) , what's shakin' link party , Friday Favorites , Happy Hour Friday , Shine On Fridays ( Kara , Amy , Kirsten , Hannah ) , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Do Something Crafty Friday , Friday Flash Blog , T.G.I.F. Link Party , The Weekend re-Treat , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!