Chicken & Vegetable Rolls ... Deep-fired crispy rolls with chicken and vegetable filling. These delicious and irresistible rolls are the perfect appetizer or snack for Iftar, teatime or any occasion.
Chicken & Vegetable Rolls
Makes : 12
For Filling :
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped spring onions, green part only
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup boiled and shredded chicken
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tbsp. soya sauce
- 2 tbsp. chilli sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt ( or to taste)
- 1 tbsp. oil
For Rolls :
- 12 Ready-made Roll Patti or spring roll wrappers, thawed if frozen
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking oil, for deep-frying
- Heat oil in a pan or wok. Add all the ingredients of filling.
- Cook on high heat, stirring until vegetables are slightly soft and the mixture is dry.
- Remove from heat and spread out the mixture on a flat dish and let it cool completely.
- Place a roll patti or spring roll wrapper on a flat surface, with a corner facing towards you ( like a diamond ).
- Spoon a heaped tablespoon of filling near the bottom corner ( facing towards you ), then fold left and right corners toward the center.
- Keep your finger on those edges, bring the bottom corner towards the middle and then roll the patti or wrapper up tightly towards the top corner.
- Brush the top corner of the wrapper with beaten egg, then continue rolling up to seal and form a tight roll.
- Repeat with the remaining patti or wrappers and filling.
- Place seam side down in a single layer on a tray and cover with plastic wrap to prevent the rolls from drying out.
- Refrigerate until ready to fry. You can also freeze them at this point.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok for deep-frying.
- Fry few rolls at a time on medium heat, turning occasionally until golden brown.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and place them on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney, ketchup or chilli garlic sauce.
- The filling should be completely cool before making rolls as the hot filling will make the rolls soggy.
- Make sure to roll the patti or wrapper tightly so there are not are no holes or air pockets. This prevents the filling from falling out while frying the rolls.
- For freezing the rolls, place them in a single layer on a tray and cover with plastic wrap.
- Roll patti are 8 x 8 inches square strips made of plain or wholewheat flour.
- Instead of egg, you can make a paste with 2 tbsp. of plain or wholewheat flour and 1 tbsp. of water in a small bowl.
Linking this to these parties : Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop , The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Sundae Scoop , Think Pink Sundays , Sugar & Slice Sunday , Martha Mondays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , What’d You Do This Weekend? , Tasty Tuesdays , Tasteful Tuesdays , Tuesday Confessional Link Party , Tuesday Talent Show , Wednesday Adorned from Above , Whatcha' Whipped Up , Hookin Up with HoH , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Wednesday Extravaganza , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Two Girls and a Party ( Parrish & Dana ) , Weekend Show Off Party , Full Plate Thursday , SYS Blog Link Party , Tasty Creations , The Weekly Creative , Blog Stalking Thursday , Creative Juice Thursday , Thursday's treasures ( Christie, Debi & Joan ) , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Simply Create Link Party ( Ashley & Melissa ) , what's shakin' link party , Friday Favorites , Happy Hour Friday , Delicately Constructed Friday! , Shine On Fridays ( Kara , Amy , Kirsten , Hannah ) , Look What's Cookin' , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Show Off Friday , Do Something Crafty Friday , Friday Flash Blog , T.G.I.F. Link Party , The Weekend re-Treat , Pin Me Linky Party , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!