Cumin Seed Wafers ... These crispy wafers are great as a snack or an appetizer. Serve with your favorite dip or salsa, but they are equally good to much on without any dip.
Cumin Seed Wafers
Makes : 48
- 250 gm. plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. cumin seeds, toasted
- 60 gm. cold copha or white vegetable shortening ( I used butter )
- 125 ml. ( 4 fl. oz. / 1/2 cup ) water
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F. Lightly grease two baking trays or line with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cumin seeds in a bowl.
- Using your fingertips, rub in the copha / butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Make a well in the center, gradually add enough water; stirring with a wooden spoon until a rough dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until just smooth.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into quarters and roll out each quarter on a floured work surface until 1 mm ( 1/16 inch ) thick, then trim the sides to form a 20 x 30 cm ( 8 x 12 inches ) rectangle.
- Cut in half down the length, then cut across the width to form 5 cm ( 2 inches ) wide fingers. You will get 12 fingers from each quarter of dough.
- Place on the baking trays and bake in batches for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container, for up to 1 week.
Recipe Source : Book ( Bake it By Murdoch Books )
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Sundae Scoop , Think Pink Sundays , Sugar & Slice Sunday , Martha Mondays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , What’d You Do This Weekend? , Time to Sparkle , Tasty Tuesdays , Tasteful Tuesdays , Tuesday Talent Show , Wednesday Adorned from Above , Whatcha' Whipped Up , Hookin Up with HoH , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Two Girls and a Party ( Parrish & Dana ) , Full Plate Thursday , SYS Blog Link Party , The Weekly Creative , Blog Stalking Thursday , Thursday's treasures ( Christie, Debi & Joan ) , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Simply Create Link Party ( Ashley & Melissa ) , what's shakin' link party , Friday Favorites , Happy Hour Friday , Shine On Fridays ( Kara , Amy , Kirsten , Hannah ) , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Do Something Crafty Friday , Friday Flash Blog , T.G.I.F. Link Party , The Weekend re-Treat , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party , CakeFriday
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!