Baked Chicken Rolls or Buns ( No Yeast ) ... Quick rolls or buns made with baking powder instead of yeast that requires no kneading. These delicious stuffed rolls are great for breakfast or as a snack.
Baked Chicken Rolls or Buns ( No Yeast )
Makes : 8 rolls or buns
- 2 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup milk, or as required
- 250 gm. boneless chicken, boiled & shredded
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Melted butter or oil, for brushing
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the center, add milk to the well and mix with your fingers until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
- Cover and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan. Add chicken, salt, pepper and oregano. Stir and cook for a minute.
- Remove from the heat, transfer the mixture to a shallow dish or plate. Allow to cool completely.
Assemble & Bake :
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces, rolling each piece into a smooth ball.
- Flatten each ball and roll into a ( 4 inch ) circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide filling into 8 equal portions. Place each filling portion into center of each dough circle.
- Gather edges of dough circles over filling; pinch them together to seal.
- Place the rolls or buns, seam sides down, on a lined baking sheet ( about 2 inches apart ).
- Lightly brush with egg to coat; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush lightly with melted butter or oil as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Serve warm.
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Sundae Scoop , Think Pink Sundays , Sugar & Slice Sunday , Martha Mondays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , What’d You Do This Weekend? , Time to Sparkle , Tasty Tuesdays , Tasteful Tuesdays , Tuesday Talent Show , Wednesday Adorned from Above , Whatcha' Whipped Up , Hookin Up with HoH , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Two Girls and a Party ( Parrish & Dana ) , Full Plate Thursday , SYS Blog Link Party , The Weekly Creative , Blog Stalking Thursday , Thursday's treasures ( Christie, Debi & Joan ) , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Simply Create Link Party ( Ashley & Melissa ) , what's shakin' link party , Friday Favorites , Happy Hour Friday , Shine On Fridays ( Kara , Amy , Kirsten , Hannah ) , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Do Something Crafty Friday , Friday Flash Blog , T.G.I.F. Link Party , The Weekend re-Treat , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!