Kulfa / Badam Kulfi ( Milk & Almonds Ice Cream ) ... Kulfi is a traditional Pakistani / Indian ice cream made with milk, khoya, sugar & nuts.
On Eid or special occasions, we get a lot of mithai ( South Asian sweets ) including Burfi. Usually, we freeze the Burfi for later use in Kheer / Firni, Gajar Halwa or Zarda. But this time, I tried something new; a delicious, rich and refreshing frozen treat from it. It was a great hit :)
Kulfa / Badam Kulfi ( Milk & Almonds Ice Cream )
Serves : 6 - 8
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 1 cup Burfi / Barfi (see notes )
- 1/4 cup Sugar, ( or according to desired sweetness )
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 3 green cardamoms, seeds crushed
- 1 tbsp. cornflour ( dissolved in little milk )
- Heat the milk in a wide, heavy bottom pan over high heat. When it begins to boil, lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the milk is reduced to half the original quantity.
- Add burfi, sugar, almonds and cardamoms; stir well until the burfi is dissolved.
- Add dissolved cornflour to the boiling milk mixture, stirring constantly until slightly thick.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container or individual kulfi moulds.
- Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight till set.
- Take out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving, remove the kulfi from the container or moulds.
- Cut it into slices. Serve immediately.
- Burfi / Barfi is a South Asian sweet confectionery. It is made with Khoya ( mawa ) and sugar; cooked until it solidifies.
- You can replace burfi with Khoya ( mawa ); increase the amount of sugar.
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Think Pink Sundays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , What’d You Do This Weekend? , Time to Sparkle , Tasty Tuesdays , Tasteful Tuesdays , Tuesday Talent Show , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Lovely Ladies Linky ( Parrish, Dana, Emily, Leslie, Markell & Traci, Molly ) , Full Plate Thursday , The Weekly Creative ( Melanie , Diana ) , Blog Stalking Thursday , Thursday's treasures ( Christie, Debi ) , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Whimsy Wednesdays ( Jenny , Kelly , Susan , Ashley ) , what's shakin' link party , Link Party Palooza ( I Heart Nap Time, Lil' Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tatertots & Jello & Today's Creative Blog ) , Friday Favorites , Happy Hour Friday ( Adrianne & Nancy ) , Shine On Fridays ( Kara , Amy , Kirsten , Hannah ) , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Friday Flash Blog , T.G.I.F. Link Party ( Rebecca, Kat, Cathy ) , The Weekend re-Treat , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party , Finding the Pretty & Delicious , Super Saturday Show & Tell , Super Saturday Link Party ( Jeni & Made From Pinterest )
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!