Pineapple Cookies ... Soft, melt-in-your mouth type cookies, made with pineapple flavoring. The addition of pineapple essence gives them a refreshing tropical flavor.
Makes : 18 - 20 cookies, depending on the size
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pineapple essence
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Yellow and green food colors, optional
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the pineapple essence; beat for a minute. Gradually add flour; beating on low speed until just combined.
- Take out a small lemon sized mixture, transfer to a separate bowl. Add green color and mix well. Add yellow color to the remaining dough; mix well.
- Scoop a teaspoon of yellow dough and form into oval shapes ( rolling between the palms of your hand). Press gently with a fork to make crisscross pattern.
- Take little green dough, form into a thin log and cut into segments. Shape into leafy top part of the pineapple, attach the green part to the yellow oval shapes by gently pressing the shapes together.
- Place cookies 2" apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until bottoms are slightly golden.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack & let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- You can skip the step of shaping the cookies, simply make plain cookies.
- I made half shaped cookies, and mixed the remaining dough to create a marble effect.
Source : Recipe derived from Pink Chocolate-filled Kisses , I just changed the flavoring from strawberry to pineapple and added some extra flour.
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Think Pink Sundays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , What’d You Do This Weekend? , Time to Sparkle , Tasty Tuesdays , Tasteful Tuesdays , Tuesday Talent Show , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Lovely Ladies Linky ( Parrish, Dana, Emily, Leslie, Markell & Traci, Molly ) , Full Plate Thursday , The Weekly Creative ( Melanie , Diana ) , Blog Stalking Thursday , Thursday's treasures ( Christie, Debi ) , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Whimsy Wednesdays ( Jenny , Kelly , Susan , Ashley ) , what's shakin' link party , Link Party Palooza ( I Heart Nap Time, Lil' Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tatertots & Jello & Today's Creative Blog ) , Friday Favorites , Happy Hour Friday ( Adrianne & Nancy ) , Shine On Fridays ( Kara , Amy , Kirsten , Hannah ) , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Friday Flash Blog , T.G.I.F. Link Party ( Rebecca, Kat, Cathy ) , The Weekend re-Treat , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party , Finding the Pretty & Delicious , Super Saturday Show & Tell , Super Saturday Link Party ( Jeni & Made From Pinterest )
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!