Chocolate Coated Cake Doughnuts ( No Yeast ) ... I love making cake donuts! Homemade fried cake doughnuts ( or donuts) without yeast which are much easier and quicker than yeast-based fried doughnuts. I've been using this recipe for several years, but then came across this recipe through a cooking show. Now these are my favorite, crispy crust and soft, almost cake-like texture inside.
Chocolate Coated Cake Doughnuts ( No Yeast )
Makes : 12 large or 16 medium sized doughnuts
- 288 gm. plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 75 gm. unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- Milk, as required
- Oil, for deep frying
- Chocolate, melted
- Nuts or colored sprinkles, for topping
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Beat in melted butter and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed, just until the mixture comes together to form a soft dough. If required, add milk; little at a time to make a smooth dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to desired thickness. Cut out doughnuts using a doughnut cutter. Let them rest for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok for deep frying. Fry doughnuts, in batches ( 3 to 4 at a time ) for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove doughnuts from oil with a slotted spoon and let cool on a paper towel.
- When the doughnuts are cool enough to handle, dip the tops in melted chocolate. Sprinkle with nuts, colored sprinkles or your favorite topping.
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Sundae Scoop , Think Pink Sundays , Sugar & Slice Sunday , Martha Mondays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , What’d You Do This Weekend? , Time to Sparkle , Tasty Tuesdays , Tuesday's Table , Tasteful Tuesdays , Tuesday Talent Show , Wednesday Adorned from Above , Whatcha' Whipped Up , Hookin Up with HoH , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Two Girls and a Party ( Parrish & Dana ) , Full Plate Thursday , SYS Blog Link Party , Tasty Creations , The Weekly Creative , Blog Stalking Thursday , Thursday's treasures ( Christie, Debi & Joan ) , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Simply Create Link Party ( Ashley & Melissa ) , what's shakin' link party , Friday Favorites , Happy Hour Friday , Shine On Fridays ( Kara , Amy , Kirsten , Hannah ) , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Do Something Crafty Friday , Friday Flash Blog , T.G.I.F. Link Party , The Weekend re-Treat , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party , CakeFriday
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!