Roasted Sesame Seeds Cookies
Makes : 36 ( balls ) or 6 dozen ( roll-out ) cookies
- 125 gm. ghee ( clarified butter )
- 125 gm. sesame seeds
- 275 gm. plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 150 gm. powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- Milk, as required
- Melt ghee and refrigerate until it becomes solid.
- In a pan, lightly roast sesame seeds over low heat; stirring until golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven at 180 C. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sieve baking powder with flour. Add half of sesame seeds and keep aside.
- Remove ghee from refrigerator. In a large bowl, beat ghee and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg & vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually work in the flour mixture. Mix gently with hands until it comes together.
- If the dough is too dry to hold, add little milk, a tablespoon at a time, until it comes together.
For balls :
- Divide the dough into 36 equal sized balls, roll in remaining sesame seeds; then flatten slightly with your palms.
- Arrange on the prepared baking tray, 1" apart.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes. Remove from oven as soon as they turn golden, although some of them might still be soft.
- Remove from the baking tray and let them cool on the wire rack. They will become crispy after cooling.
For roll-out cookies :
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Sprinkle remaining sesame seeds on the rolled dough. Lightly press / roll once again with rolling pin.
- Cut them using a cookie cutter. Arrange them on the baking tray, 1" apart.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Remove from oven as soon as they turn golden.
- Remove from the baking tray and let them cool on the wire rack.
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!