Raisins and Coconut Slice ... A tasty slice with a coconut base and raisins topping. It is so easy to make and uses basic ingredients. The original recipe was with sultana. I halved the recipe, only used 1/3 of the raisins, otherwise I just followed the recipe.
I really liked the coconut base, but the topping was a bit sweet ... firm and crunchy on top and slightly soft underneath. Fantastic treat for those who have a very sweet tooth :)
Raisins and Coconut Slice
Recipe adapted from Donna Hay
* Prep. Time : 15 minutes
* Cook Time : 40 minutes
* Serves : 6
- 75 gm. butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup raisins ( I used only 1/4 cup )
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355ºF). Line an 8 inch square tin with non-stick baking paper / aluminum foil..
- Place the butter, sugar, flour and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- To make the topping, place the eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until thick and pale.
- Fold through the flour and baking powder and stir in the raisins.
- Spread the topping over the base.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool in the tin and cut into squares to serve.
Sending this recipe to the events Best Western Desserts , Food Palette Series Brown ,
Thank you for stopping by! Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!