Almond Cookies ... crispy and chewy. I made a few minor adjustments to the original recipe. These cookies were great. A perfect addition to your afternoon tea :)
Recipe from Everyday Food
* Prep. Time : 30 minutes
* Cook Time : 12 - 15 minutes
* Makes : 32 cookies
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg white
- To toast the almonds, spread them on a rimmed baking sheet, and place in a preheated oven at 180 C.
- Remove when they're lightly golden brown and fragrant, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from sheet; let cool completely.
- Reserve 1/4 cup almonds ( about 28 - 32 ) for garnish. Place remaining 3/4 cup in a food processor; pulse until finely ground. Set aside.
For Cookies :
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add whole egg and almond extract ; beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating just until incorporated.
- Mix in ground almonds.
- Using 1 teaspoonful per cookie, roll dough into balls.
- Place onto prepared sheet, at least 1 inch apart.
- Garnish each cookie with a reserved almond.
- Using your finger, press lightly each cookie.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white with 1 teaspoon water; brush over cookies ( discard excess white ).
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Thank you for stopping by! Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!