Milk & White Chocolate Cookies ... Crispy, thin cookies made of basic cookies ingredients ( butter, sugar, flour ) with the addition of milk powder & custard powder. Baked and dipped in melted chocolate.
I wanted to use the milk powder that was nearing its expiration date. I made a small batch as I just wanted to experiment. The taste was good, specially with the chocolate.
Milk & White Chocolate Cookies
* Prep. Time : 20 minutes
* Cook Time : 10 minutes
* Makes : 18 cookies
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla custard powder
- 1/8 cup milk powder
- White chocolate, melted
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk powder, flour and custard powder.
- Mix into butter mixture until it comes together.
- Make a dough, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160 C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Remove dough from fridge, roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a star cutter, cut out stars and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly golden, for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- When cool, melt white chocolate in Microwave or over a double boiler.
- Dip the edges of the cookies into melted chocolate.
- Leave to set on a baking paper at room temperature.
Sending this to Any One Can Cook : Series 15 ( FB, WLI, WMT ), an weekly event by Umm Mymoonah
This also goes to the event Best 'Western' Dessert , by Priya of Now Serving
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!