Egg & Milk Halwa ... A sweet dish made of egg, milk powder, sugar & ghee. First time, I made this without whole milk. It was good while hot, but became quite hard after cooling. I added whole milk second time and it came out perfect. Little sweet though, but we loved the taste :)
Egg & Milk Halwa
Recipe adapted from Khana Pakana
* Prep. Time : 5 minutes
* Cook Time : 10 minutes
* Serves : 2
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk powder
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Yellow food color, optional
- 2 tbsp. ghee / oil
- 6 - 8 almonds, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
- Whisk egg in a bowl; add sugar, milk powder & milk and mix it well.
- Heat the oil or ghee in a pan.
- Now gradually add egg mixture in the pan, stirring constantly until well combined ( stir well to make sure that there are no lumps formed ).
- Now cook on low heat, stirring constantly until it starts to thicken.
- Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add ground cardamom & almonds, mix well.
- Serve hot, garnished with almonds and pistachios.
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!