Strawberry Glazed Cake Doughnuts ( No Yeast ) ... Homemade fried cake doughnuts ( or donuts ) without yeast, with a pink strawberry glaze and topped with colored sprinkles.
I'm extremely excited to celebrate the 3rd blogoversary of " Simply Sweet 'n Savory " today. Since starting this blog in November 2010, it has been a magical journey for me so far. Thanks to you all, I have enjoyed every moment of these past 3 years. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to visit my blog, liking my posts and leaving such nice comments that brighten my day. Hope you continue to visit here and enjoy the recipes from my kitchen :)
Strawberry Glazed Cake Doughnuts ( No Yeast )
Makes : 12 large or 16 medium sized doughnuts
For Doughnuts :
- 288 gm. plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 75 gm. unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- Milk, as required
- Oil, for deep frying
For Glaze :
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp. strawberry essence
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp. warm water
- Pink food color, as required
- Colored sprinkles, for topping
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Beat in melted butter and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed, just until the mixture comes together to form a soft dough. If required, add milk; little at a time to make a smooth dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to desired thickness. Cut out doughnuts using a doughnut cutter. Let them rest for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok for deep frying. Fry doughnuts, in batches ( 3 to 4 at a time ) for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove doughnuts from oil with a slotted spoon and let cool on a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together icing sugar, strawberry essence and enough warm water to make a smooth glaze. If too thick, add more water to get a thin glaze. Add enough food color to achieve the desired color.
- Dip the tops of doughnuts immediately in glaze. Place on wire rack and sprinkle with colored sprinkles.
- Allow the glaze to set before serving the doughnuts.
More Doughnuts recipes :
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Think Pink Sundays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , Time to Sparkle ( Inside BruCrew Life , The Gunny Sack , The Recipe Critic , Love Grows Wild ) , Tasty Tuesdays ( Anyonita Nibbles , Craft Dictator , Detours in Life , Lori's Culinary Creations , Red Cottage Chronicles , Three in Three , Mom on the Run x2 , West Street Story , I'm Not a Trophy Wife , Ma Niche ) , Create Link Inspire ( Nap-Time Creations , Kleinworth & Co. , Marvelous Mommy , The Crafty Blog Stalker ) , What’d You Do This Weekend , Tuesday Talent Show , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Lovely Ladies Linky ( Parrish, Dana, Emily, Leslie, Markell & Traci, Molly ) , Full Plate Thursday , The Weekly Creative ( Diana , Rachelle , Becca , Hani , Melanie & Kimmie ) , Blog Stalking Thursday , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Whimsy Wednesdays ( Jenny , Kelly , Susan , Ashley ) , what's shakin' link party , Link Party Palooza ( I Heart Nap Time, Lil' Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tatertots & Jello & Today's Creative Blog ) , Friday Favorites , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Show Off Friday , T.G.I.F. Link Party ( Rebecca, Kat, Cathy ) , The Weekend re-Treat ( Shauna & Britni ) , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party & Super Saturday Show & Tell , Finding the Pretty & Delicious , Super Saturday Link Party ( Jeni & Made From Pinterest )
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!