Cumin and Walnut Shortbread ... These spicy, bite-sized shortbread cookies are a fun twist on traditional shortbread. Delicious and wonderful flavor combination!
Cumin and Walnut Shortbread
Makes : 40 cookies
- 125 gm. butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup cornflour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sea salt flakes ( optional, I didn't used it )
- Ground black pepper or cumin seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, vanilla, cumin, lemon juice and salt until creamy.
- Add walnuts, plain flour and cornflour; beat until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead gently until smooth.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of baking paper to ( 5 mm. ) thick. Using a small round or square cutter, cut out biscuits. Place onto prepared trays.
- Press remaining dough together and repeat until all dough has been used. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Brush top of each biscuit with egg. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper or cumin seeds.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden and firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool on trays. Serve.
Recipe Source : Taste.com.au
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Think Pink Sundays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , Time to Sparkle ( Inside BruCrew Life , The Gunny Sack , The Recipe Critic , Love Grows Wild ) , Tasty Tuesdays ( Anyonita Nibbles , Craft Dictator , Detours in Life , Lori's Culinary Creations , Red Cottage Chronicles , Three in Three , Mom on the Run x2 , West Street Story , I'm Not a Trophy Wife , Ma Niche ) , Create Link Inspire ( Nap-Time Creations , Kleinworth & Co. , Marvelous Mommy , The Crafty Blog Stalker ) , Tuesday Talent Show , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Lovely Ladies Linky ( Parrish, Dana, Emily, Leslie, Markell & Traci, Molly ) , Full Plate Thursday , The Weekly Creative ( Diana , Rachelle , Becca , Hani , Melanie & Kimmie ) , Blog Stalking Thursday , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Whimsy Wednesdays ( Jenny , Kelly , Susan , Ashley ) , what's shakin' link party , Link Party Palooza ( I Heart Nap Time, Lil' Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tatertots & Jello & Today's Creative Blog ) , Friday Favorites , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Show Off Friday , T.G.I.F. Link Party ( Rebecca, Kat, Cathy ) , The Weekend re-Treat ( Shauna & Britni ) , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party & Super Saturday Show & Tell , Finding the Pretty & Delicious , Super Saturday Link Party ( Jeni & Made From Pinterest )
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!