Apple Raisin Muffins with Caramel Drizzle ... Moist, healthy and yummy muffins with apple chunks and raisins; drizzled with an easy caramel glaze.
Apple Raisin Muffins with Caramel Drizzle
Makes : 8 muffins
For Muffins :
- 1 apple ( about 3/4 cup, peeled, cored and chopped )
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
For Caramel Glaze :
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 190 C / 375 F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine apple, raisins and lemon juice in a bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Add sugar and salt to the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk and butter; mix well.
- Fold the wet ingredients together with the dry until just combined. Fold in apple raisins mixture.
- Spoon the batter equally into each paper liner. Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Stand in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Meanwhile, make the caramel glaze.
- Put butter, brown sugar and milk in a small saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves completely and the glaze is slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and immediately drizzle the glaze over muffins ( as it sets quickly ) and and let it set.
- If you want more glaze, then double the glaze ingredients and dip the muffin tops in the glaze.
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Think Pink Sundays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , Time to Sparkle ( Inside BruCrew Life , The Gunny Sack , The Recipe Critic , Love Grows Wild ) , Tasty Tuesdays ( Anyonita Nibbles , Craft Dictator , Detours in Life , Lori's Culinary Creations , Red Cottage Chronicles , Three in Three , Mom on the Run x2 , West Street Story , I'm Not a Trophy Wife , Ma Niche ) , Create Link Inspire ( Nap-Time Creations , Kleinworth & Co. , Marvelous Mommy , The Crafty Blog Stalker ) , Tuesday Talent Show , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Lovely Ladies Linky ( Parrish, Dana, Emily, Leslie, Markell & Traci, Molly ) , Full Plate Thursday , The Weekly Creative ( Diana , Rachelle , Becca , Hani , Melanie & Kimmie ) , Blog Stalking Thursday , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Whimsy Wednesdays ( Jenny , Kelly , Susan , Ashley ) , what's shakin' link party , Link Party Palooza ( I Heart Nap Time, Lil' Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tatertots & Jello & Today's Creative Blog ) , Friday Favorites , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Show Off Friday , T.G.I.F. Link Party ( Rebecca, Kat, Cathy ) , The Weekend re-Treat ( Shauna & Britni ) , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party & Super Saturday Show & Tell , Finding the Pretty & Delicious , Super Saturday Link Party ( Jeni & Made From Pinterest )
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!