Pineapple Coconut Muffins ... If you love coconut and pineapple, try these muffins! A perfect tropical flavor explosion! They are crisp on the top and moist inside. I've made a few adjustments to the original recipe. Used pineapple syrup ( from the pineapple tin ) along with milk; melted butter in place of oil ... They were a big hit :)
Pineapple Coconut Muffins
Recipe from Angie's Recipes
* Prep. Time : 15 minutes
* Cook. Time : 20 - 25 minutes
* Makes : 6 muffins
- 110 gm. All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 50 gm. sugar
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 1 large egg
- 25 gm. butter, melted
- 60 ml. ( 1/4 cup ) pineapple syrup ( from the pineapple tin )
- 30 ml. ( 1/8 cup ) milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 200 gm. pineapple, diced
- 1/2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease or line a 6 cup muffin pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, and coconut and mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and vanilla extract well.
- Add butter, pineapple syrup, milk and diced pineapple; stir well.
- Add dry ingredients ( flour mixture ) to the wet ingredients ( egg mixture ) and combine quickly. Take care not to over-mix.
- Divide the batter into prepared muffin pan, about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the top of the muffins with coconut and brown sugar. Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes.
Sending this post to Show Me Your Muffin, an event by Divya Vikram at Dil Se..
Also to Veggie / Fruit A Month, an event guest hosted this month by Rupali at RecipeGrabBag & started by Priya of Mharo Rajasthan's Recipes
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!