Almond Cupcakes ... These are soft, moist & light. Perfect with tea or coffee.
* Prep. Time : 15 minutes
* Cook Time : 18 minutes
* Makes : 12 cupcakes
- 6 oz. butter, softened
- 6 oz. castor sugar
- 6 oz. plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 oz. almonds, finely chopped / sliced
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven at 180 C. Grease or line 12 cup muffin pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add the almond extract and beat again.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder. Beat until well combined.
- Add milk, if the mixture is thick & mix well.
- Add 3 tbsp. chopped almonds and mix gently together.
- Using a tablespoon, divide the batter into the cupcake cases, filling till 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp chopped almonds on top of each cupcake.
- Bake at 180 C for 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leave for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire-rack to cool.
Sending this to the event Show Me Your Muffin , an event held at Dil Se..
Also this goes to Breakfast Mela , an event by Srivalli at Cooking 4 all Seasons
I've received an award from Akila of Learning-to-cook for participating in the event Dish name starts with G . Thank you so much Akila!
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!