Saltish Zeera Cookies ( Cumin Seeds Cookies ) ... A great alternative to sweet biscuits. Lightly sweet ... just melting in the mouth.
Saltish Zeera Cookies
************************Recipe by Sara Riaz ( ARY Zauq )
Makes : 36 cookies
- 120 gm. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200 gm. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Sieve flour and baking powder together in a bowl, keep aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar and salt till light and fluffy.
- Add cumin seeds and only 1/2 of the beaten egg to it. Beat well again.
- Add flour to the butter mixture and mix gently with your hands to get a smooth dough.
- Chill the dough for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180 C. Line a baking tray with butter paper / aluminum foil.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is ( 1/4 inch ) thick; prick with a fork.
- Using cookie cutter, cut into required shapes. Place it on the baking tray.
- Brush the remaining egg on top of the cookies. Sprinkle cumin seeds on top.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.Store in an airtight container.
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!