Crispy Italian Cookies...This recipe was posted by FavoriteFixins at GroupRecipes.I used butter instead of shortening. I haven't used milk,because the dough was smooth and soft without it.Also reduced the temperature , as they were browning quickly at the suggested temperature.
Regina Cookies (Sesame Biscotti)
* Prep. Time : 20 minutes
* Cook Time : 16 - 18 minutes
* Makes : 36 cookies
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter,chilled, cut in cubes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles a coarse cornmeal.
- Stir in the slightly beaten egg and vanilla gradually while mixing. Continue to mix until smooth and soft.
- Break dough into small pieces and roll each piece between the palms of hands to form 2 inch lengths.
- Flatten slightly and roll in sesame seeds.
- Place on greased(or lined with paper) cookie sheets about 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake at 350 F / 180 C for 18 minutes, or until cookies turn brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a minute.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely ,then store them in an air-tight container.
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!!!