Murgh Koftay ( Chicken Meatballs Curry ) ... Meatballs made with chicken mince and spices, cooked in a delicious yogurt based curry.
Murgh Koftay ( Chicken Meatballs Curry )
Serves : 4 - 6
For koftay / meatballs :
- 250 gm. boneless chicken cubes or mince
- 1 large bread slice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves, chopped
For Curry :
- 1/4 cup oil
- 250 gm. onions, thinly sliced
- 250 gm. yoghurt
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 6 - 8 black pepper
- 4 - 5 cloves
- 2 large cardamom
- 2 - 3 small cardamom
- 2 inch piece cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp. red chillies powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
- Pinch of each ( green cardamom, nutmeg & mace; ground )
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Add chicken in a food processor and pulse until fine grind.
- Remove crust from the bread slice, soak in enough water to just cover, then squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Add bread and remaining ingredients to chicken and pulse until well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl. With wet hands, shape meatballs mixture into medium sized balls ( about 8 - 10 ).
- Refrigerate until ready to use ( You can freeze them at this point for later use ). Meanwhile, prepare the curry for meatballs.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onion and fry on medium heat till light brown. Remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper.
- Combine yoghurt, cumin seeds and fried onions in a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- Add ginger garlic paste, black pepper, cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon stick in the pan and fry for few seconds.
- Add coriander powder, red chillies powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stir and add the blended paste.
- Add water ( 1/2 cup or as required ) and cook, covered, on medium heat till water dries out and the curry leaves oil.
- Now add the prepared meatballs in a single layer over curry. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Cook on low heat, slightly covered, for about 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Do not stir meatballs with a spoon, just move the pan occasionally.
- Add enough water to make a thin gravy and bring to a boil. Sprinkle garam masala, cardamom, nutmeg & mace powder.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Naan / Chapati.
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Sundae Scoop , Think Pink Sundays , Sugar & Slice Sunday , Martha Mondays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , What’d You Do This Weekend? , Tasty Tuesdays , Tuesday's Table , Tasteful Tuesdays , Tuesday Talent Show , Wednesday Adorned from Above , Whatcha' Whipped Up , Hookin Up with HoH , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Two Girls and a Party ( Parrish & Dana ) , Full Plate Thursday , SYS Blog Link Party , Tasty Creations , The Weekly Creative , Blog Stalking Thursday , Thursday's treasures ( Christie, Debi & Joan ) , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Simply Create Link Party ( Ashley & Melissa ) , what's shakin' link party , Friday Favorites , Happy Hour Friday , Shine On Fridays ( Kara , Amy , Kirsten , Hannah ) , Look What's Cookin' , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Show Off Friday , Do Something Crafty Friday , Friday Flash Blog , T.G.I.F. Link Party , The Weekend re-Treat , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party , Mommy Archive
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!