Dorie Greenspan's Classic Brownies ... These classic brownies are moist, rich and fudgy with deep chocolate flavor.
Dorie Greenspan's Classic Brownies
Makes : 16 brownies
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 oz. dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. instant espresso powder ( optional )
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 F / 160 C. Line an ( 8 ) inch square pan with foil, butter the foil.
- In a heatproof bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until the ingredients are just melted. Remove the bowl from the pan of water.
- Whisk in the sugar. Whisk in the eggs, one by one. Add vanilla and espresso; whisk well.
- Gently stir in the salt and flour just until incorporated. Fold in the chopped walnuts, with a spatula.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with the spatula.
- Bake the brownies for 30 to 33 minutes, or until the top is dull and a knife inserted into the center come out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire-rack and cool completely at room temperature.
- Then lift the brownies from the pan using the foil, peel away the foil. Cut into 16 squares, each ( about 2 inches ).
- Serve with ice cream, at room temperature or a bit chilled.
- These brownies are best served within 2 days of baking. For storing at room temperature, just cut what you need and keep the remainder wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. Or freeze the brownies for up to 2 months, wrapped airtight.
Recipe from : Baking From My Home To Yours, by Dorie Greenspan; with few modifications
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!