Coconut Biscuits ... Delicious chewy biscuits loaded with desiccated coconut.
Makes : 24
- 65 gm. butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift the flour and baking powder onto the mixture; beat on a low speed to combine. Stir in the coconut.
- Shape the mixture into two logs, wrap in greaseproof paper and refrigerate or freeze for 30 minutes until firm.
- Heat oven to 160 C. Line two baking trays with nonstick baking paper.
- Slice 1cm thick rounds and place on prepared baking trays. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until pale golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- You can make them ahead and freeze the unbaked biscuit logs for up to two months. Just slice the frozen logs into rounds and bake them.
- You can roll the logs in colored coconut to cover the sides, before wrapping. I've also used some colored coconut in the biscuit mixture.
Source : New Zealand Woman's Weekly
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!