Halloween Freaky Finger Cookies ... These finger-shaped cookies makes a great fun treat for kids on Halloween!
Halloween Freaky Finger Cookies
Makes : 20 cookies
- 100 gm. caster sugar
- 100 gm. butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 gm. plain flour
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- Salt, a pinch
- 10 whole almonds, halved lengthwise
- Chocolate, melted ( optional )
- Combine caster sugar, butter, egg yolk, plain flour, vanilla essence and salt in a food processor and pulse just until a dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a bowl and divide into quarters. Work with one portion of dough at a time, keeping the remaining dough covered with plastic wrap.
- Divide first portion of dough into 5 equal pieces. On a work surface, roll each piece back and forth with your fingers into a thin rope or cylinder ( about 3 to to 4 inches long ) .
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, a little apart as they will spread during baking. Use a knife to make a few cuts, close together, for the knuckles.
- Place an almond halve at the end of each finger ( I used egg white on the edge of cookies to stick the almonds ), press the almond slightly into the cookie and trim away excess pastry around the edge to neaten.
- Repeat this process with remaining dough, place the shaped cookies in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160F / Gas 4. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes; just until firm.
- Leave to cool on wire rack, then store in an air-tight container.
- Instead of almonds, dip cookies in melted chocolate after baking & cooling; if you like.
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Think Pink Sundays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , What’d You Do This Weekend? , Time to Sparkle , Tasty Tuesdays , Tasteful Tuesdays , Tuesday Talent Show , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Lovely Ladies Linky ( Parrish, Dana, Emily, Leslie, Markell & Traci, Molly ) , Full Plate Thursday , The Weekly Creative ( Melanie , Diana ) , Blog Stalking Thursday , Thursday's treasures ( Christie, Debi ) , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Whimsy Wednesdays ( Jenny , Kelly , Susan , Ashley ) , what's shakin' link party , Link Party Palooza ( I Heart Nap Time, Lil' Luna, Somewhat Simple, Tatertots & Jello & Today's Creative Blog ) , Friday Favorites , Happy Hour Friday ( Adrianne & Nancy ) , Shine On Fridays ( Kara , Amy , Kirsten , Hannah ) , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Friday Flash Blog , T.G.I.F. Link Party ( Rebecca, Kat, Cathy ) , The Weekend re-Treat , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party , Finding the Pretty & Delicious , Super Saturday Show & Tell , Super Saturday Link Party ( Jeni & Made From Pinterest )
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!