Sparkling Hearts and Stars Sugar Cookies ... Add some sparkle to your cookies! Simple, easy to make and delicious cookies, made with classic sugar cookie dough and colored sparkling sugars.
Happy Independence Day!
Wishing every Pakistani happiness and peace today and always!
Have a sparkling day!
Long Live Pakistan!
Long Live Pakistan!
Sparkling Hearts and Stars Sugar Cookies
Makes : 40 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for shaping the cookies
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sparkling sugar, as required
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add one egg and beat until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low speed until just incorporated.
- Shape into a disk and refrigerate, wrapped, for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 180 C / 350 F. Line cookie sheets with baking paper; set aside.
- Divide the dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each piece out 1/4 inch thick. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
- Transfer cookies to cookie sheets with spatula, leaving ( 1 to 1 1/2 inch ) space between them.
- Brush beaten egg over top of each cookie. Sprinkle sparkling sugar; press sugar gently.
- Bake at 180 C / 350 F until just beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- To make your own sparkling sugar, simply color the granulated sugar ( that's what I did ). Take granulated sugar in a bowl, add a drop of food color and mix with a spoon until well combined. Add more color until you reach your desired color. Spread the colored sugar on a plate and let dry completely.
- You can skip the egg wash, simply sprinkle sparking sugar on top and press gently.
Linking this to these parties : The Sunday Showcase Party , nifty thrifty sunday , Sundae Scoop , Think Pink Sundays , Sugar & Slice Sunday , Martha Mondays , A Round Tuit , Make it Pretty Monday , What’d You Do This Weekend? , Time to Sparkle , Tasty Tuesdays , Tasteful Tuesdays , Tuesday Talent Show , Wednesday Adorned from Above , Whatcha' Whipped Up , Hookin Up with HoH , It's a Party! , Cast Party Wednesday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Riverton Housewives Round Up , Two Girls and a Party ( Parrish & Dana ) , Full Plate Thursday , SYS Blog Link Party , The Weekly Creative , Blog Stalking Thursday , Thursday's treasures ( Christie, Debi & Joan ) , Showcase Your Talent Thursday , Tasty Thursday , Simply Create Link Party ( Ashley & Melissa ) , what's shakin' link party , Friday Favorites , Happy Hour Friday , Shine On Fridays ( Kara , Amy , Kirsten , Hannah ) , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday , Foodie Friday , Freedom Fridays , Do Something Crafty Friday , Friday Flash Blog , T.G.I.F. Link Party , The Weekend re-Treat , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Serenity Saturday , SHOW-licious Craft Showcase , Your Great Idea Link Party
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!