Valentine's Two-Tone Heart Cookies ... Show your love on this Valentine's day with these cute edible hearts. These cookies are great for any occasion, just color the dough in any color you like and use different shaped cutters for different occasions.
Valentine's Two-Tone Heart Cookies
Makes : 30 cookies
- 100 gm. butter, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- Pink food coloring
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Beat with an electric beater until light and creamy.
- Take out half the mixture and place in another bowl.
- Add pink food coloring to one bowl and beat in until evenly combined.
- Sift ( 1/2 cup ) flour into each bowl and mix until moist clumps form.
- With your hands, shape each dough into a ball. Wrap each dough separately and refrigerate for ( 15 - 20 minutes ) or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out both the dough separately to ( 1/8 inch ) thickness. Use three sizes of heart shaped cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- With a large heart cutter, cut out hearts from each dough. With a medium heart cutter, cut smaller hearts in the centers of each plain and colored cookies. With a small heart cutter, cut the smallest hearts from the medium heart cookies.
- Remove the medium and smallest hearts from the large plain hearts and replace it with medium pink heart cookies. Now place small plain heart cookies in the center.
- Repeat this process with pink and remaining plain cookies. Using your fingertips, lightly press the hearts together.
- Using a fish slice or a flat spatula, transfer the cookies to the baking tray; placing them about ( 1/2 inch ) apart.
- Bake for ( 8 - 10 minutes ) until lightly golden around the edges.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Recipe Source : Coles Recipes
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!