Strawberry Muffins ... These healthy, moist and delicious muffins are made with fresh strawberries. Serve warm with a cup of tea.
Makes : 8 muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup strawberries; washed, hulled, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / 375 F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift flour and baking powder. Add sugar and salt to flour mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla; mix well.
- Fold the wet ingredients together with the dry until just combined. Fold the chopped strawberries.
- Spoon the batter equally into each paper liner. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Stand in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving, if desired.
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!