Dear friends! This might be my last post here as I will be away from blogging for a while. Not sure, if I'll be back again or not!
In a couple of weeks, a new chapter in my life is about to begin. New place, new relations, new responsibilities! I'm going through lots of emotions at the moment ... happy, worried, excited, scared and nervous about this special day of my life. I am hoping, in sha' Allah ( by the grace of Allah ), this new life will be filled with love, laughter, happiness and respect.
Thank you all for joining me on this magical journey of blogging. I will never forget the love and affection you gave me. Thank you so much to all my friends / fellow bloggers, readers / followers / subscribers of Simply Sweet 'n Savory ... for making these past three years of my life, so special. I seek your wishes and blessings on this special occasion :)
Honey Nuts Stuffed Dates ... Simply made by stuffing fresh dates with a mixture of nuts and honey; and dipping them in melted chocolate. These little bites are perfect as a healthy snack or as a sweet treat to end the meal. These will also be good at Iftar, for breaking the fast in Ramadan.
Honey Nuts Stuffed Dates
Makes : 10 - 12
- 1/8 cup almonds, pistachios, walnuts; etc.
- 1 tsp. honey, or as needed
- 10 - 12 fresh soft dates
- Dark and milk chocolate, chopped
- Coarsely chop the nuts. In a small bowl, combine the nuts with enough honey; just to hold together.
- Make a slit in each date lengthwise and remove the pit. Stuff the dates with the nut mixture. Keep aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler or in a microwave until melted and smooth.
- Dip each stuffed date into melted chocolate with a fork or spoon until fully coated, shake off excess chocolate.
- Place dates on on a wax paper or foil lined baking sheet / plate. Chill until chocolate sets, then drizzle melted milk chocolate over the top.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until needed.
- All these amounts are approximate, adjust accordingly.
Recipe Source : adapted from Culinate
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!