Pakistani Mutton Stew ... A popular, delicious & mouth-watering Pakistani dish of Mutton cooked with onions, yoghurt & whole spices.
Pakistani Mutton Stew
Serves : 6
- 1 kg. of Mutton, medium sized cubes
- 1/2 cup oil
- 500 gm. ( about 5 - 6 large ) onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. cumin Seeds
- 4 - 5 whole dried red chillies ( round )
- 5 - 6 whole black peppers
- 3 - 4 cloves
- 2 black cardamoms
- 2" stick of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 500 gm. yoghurt, whisked
- 3 tbsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp. crushed red chillies
- 1 tbsp. salt ( or to taste )
- 2 - 3 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp. ginger, sliced
- Heat oil in a heavy pot, add the onions and fry until golden brown.
- Add cumin seeds, whole dried red chillies, black peppers, cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, fry for few seconds.
- Add the meat and ginger garlic paste, constantly stir until the meat changes its color.
- Add in coriander seeds, crushed red chillies, salt and yoghurt.
- Now add enough water so the meat can tenderize. Cover the pot and let the meat cook on low heat.
- When the meat is tender, turn heat to High. Cook, stirring continuously until the oil separates.
- Add green chillies, coriander leaves and ginger.
- Serve hot with Naan or Chapati.
- You can serve this as it is, but we like to add little water to make some gravy.
Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!